08 December, 2009

Come on, Jane! Focus! No more sloppy jazz hands! I want some sparkle here!

Everything is falling down around my ears. I mean, I might get a C - a C, Lord help me, a C - in my myths class. I've never gotten a C in my life. Ever. I am appalled.

I learned a sad fact in my art class today: the word - no, the not-word, the disgraceful mash-up - "unfriend" is going to be added to the dictionary. What is the world coming to?

Finished Jane Eyre. I forgive the gothic stuff. I am sorry to hear that Jane Eyre, the Musical exists. who knows, it could be great, right? Possibly?
Terrible visions come to mind.  Such as:

LIMITED ENGAGEMENT!
THE MUSICAL HORSE AND HOUND CALLS: "A DELIGHT!  ESPECIALLY THE PART WITH THE HORSE! ANOTHER SUCESSFUL ADAPTATION OF ONE OF JANE AUSTEN'S MASTERPIECES."

THE MUSICAL!

P.S.  When my mom read this, she said, "Honey, Jane Austen didn't write Jane Eyre."  And I got huffy because how could she think I didn't know that? "I know, Mom!" Then, suddenly struck with the full force of my geekiness, "It was... um... meant to be a joke."  Whoo boy.

(10 Feb - just so you know, in case you were feeling anxious about it or cried as I did for about a week straight, I didn't get a C in Mythology.  My transcript is yet C-less.  Thank heaven.)

No comments:

Post a Comment