31 December, 2010

cheers to cheery

Oh, gosh.  This time last year I was in bed with a swollen face.  I'm glad wisdom teeth only come out once.

This morning I read in the paper that the editor of the Croatian newspaper Sata believes there is too much bad news in the world and decided to print a thursday issue (I don't know if it was last thursday or will be next thursday) made up only of good news.
Cheers to that, eh?

Five hours ago I read a post on one of my favorite blogs about how the author writes about the things she does well - she wants to give people good, inspiring things to read.  Nice idea, isn't it?

I've never been a fan of new year's resolutions - mainly, I think, because so many cartoonists do horrible, horrible jokes about them in the paper - but this year I think I am going to sort of make one.  Try to turn over a new leaf.

This year, I'd like to:
Be less negative
Enjoy idling again
Give myself a break.  When I've done my best, leave it at that.
And be a happier, more cheerful person in general.

I hope your new year is happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment