11 September, 2010

5'10''

Five nice things about being almost five ten:

1.  I never have to hem pants. 

2. I can reach high shelves, open vents, and touch ceilings for the heck of it.

3. I could intimidate people if I wished - though I have yet to do so.

4. I can ride any ride at any amusement park.

5. lots of cool people are/were tall. (Also, I am a part of a big-footed sisterhood which boasts Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy as members.)


Five things I do not like about being tall-ish:

1.  I never get to cuff my pants.

2. I feel bad standing next to short guys.

3. Heels sort of make me look like a giant.

4. Heroines in books and movies are often short and small, a fact which is often commented on/admired by the hero.  I will never, ever be petit.

5. Airplane rides are a nightmare.

2 comments:

  1. you forgot to mention that they would let you on to america's next top model.

    you can sort that one into whichever category you'd like, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Best comment ever!
    Judging from what I've seen of that show, I think it would be in the cons category. All the weeping they do makes me tired.

    ReplyDelete