31 October, 2009

Yep, I'm obsessed...

I had a dream last night (and if you, reader, were talking to me face to face, you would interject and tell me about the funny dream you had last night. That's the way of the world) that I was standing in a pew in some church, and a guy was onstage playing ukulele and we were all singing along. The weird thing was, they weren't church songs. It was a nice little medley of Beatles songs. I remember thinking, "Oh, the Beatles in church? Huh." as I sang away.  "Hey Jude"sounded very nice when the whole congregation belted the "naaaa na na nanana na" bit together. And, somehow, it sounded like a hymn.  It was a good dream.


Okay, I absolutely do not agree with the message behind John Lennon's "Imagine", but I must say, just from a music standpoint, it is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. And so easy to get stuck in your head. I sang/hummed that song all the way home on a particularly trying road trip recently, and my dear mum was about ready to kill me. Sort of negated the whole peace thing.

Poor Mama. I do tend to sing a lot, I suppose. She often has to say things like, "Okay, stop while I'm talking to you" and "You need to pay attention to the road, dear. No, like, hand-motions while driving, okay?"


No comments:

Post a Comment